Saturday, August 20, 2005

Radio Otherware

kiss fm logo

Listening:
Some house music on the radio for a change, now that Kiss is back on air!

Feeling: Relaxed and stress-free. Loving the weekend full moon - the harvest moon up north. Celebrate at the table and give thanks to the earth this month.

A litttle under a couple of months ago I mentioned that Kiss-Fm had returned to the Melbourne airwaves. This has had many people around town very excited, including myself, as I'd been with the station since its inception in1993, and I was as dismayed as everyone else when it went off air after losing the bid for a community broadcast licence in 2001.

I will always feel really proud of the small part I played in it and the way that station took off and helped expose so much amazing talent and music during those years. It's part of Melbourne clubbing history forever now.

I started off doing Friday nights hosting Blast Off Sound System for years until
I took it to Mondays, and when I returned to Melbourne after my eighteen month sojourn to Byron Bay in 1999, station manager Tim Byrne had me back on air just a week later to co-host the breakfast timeslot, a spot I ended up doing with at least three other co-hosts over the next couple of years. One of those incarnations had the best name for a breakfast show hosted by a couple of fiesty women- "Chicks on Toast". Maybe some of the locals out there will remember it.

Anyway, I'm very pleased to announce that I'll be returning to the Melbourne airwaves and Kiss Fm very soon. It's looking like sometime in September. Kiss can be streamed live over the net too, so if you've ever wondered what I might sound like (seeing I have so much to say), you could be bunking down for the night in a yurt in Mongolia, and you'll still be able to find out.

I'll let you all in on the details as we get closer to lift-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment