Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Too Cool For School

Listening: Anne Strieber and Allan Botkin on Life After Death on Unknown Country for subcribers only.

Mood: Optimistic

I'm so glad I've got this blog. It's been the only medium I've had for the last year in which I can speak my truth and do it in a public arena. The last time I had that was when I was on Kiss Fm (1994-2001) before they lost the bid for the license they were going for. Prior to that I had been on the air with 3RRR - Fm since 1985, so for the last four years I have felt this HUGE hole in my life.

I love the radio. It's that simple. I can listen to it 24/7 (and have done quite a bit over the last few years) and I know it drives people around me crazy sometimes but I can't help it. I've only just stopped listening to it as I'm falling asleep in the last week (terrible I know but my hunger for new information is voracious).

So, instead of being on the radio I've been obssessed with listening to the radio, and that's just made matters worse in a way. I've been like the world's biggest sponge for any and all Otherware I can find since I was about 14, and in recent years it's just exploded with all the information I can access online as well. Not having an outlet for all it all was almost unbearable for me. Until my wee blogette came into existence that is - finally some of that build-up was able to get some expression outside of me. What a relief that there has been some respite from it through writing. It's been fantastic for me, and it seems maybe for you too. As of today, this humble patch of cyberspace has had 10,000 page views from 5000+ vistors since the end of January. Thanks to every one of you, especially those of you that come back to this blog often.

It's also been so fun to see how many of my friends, and even visitors to this space, have decided to start their own ventures into blogdom.

Here's a couple of noteworthy blogs from friends that have been born lately that you might like to check out:


My friend Polly who's posted his fab comments on my blog has created his own - and it happened on the 11/11, just after he'd done a quick meditation at 11:11 that morning. Great writing about one person's process of awakening...good name too.
http://www.buddingavatar.blogspot.com/

You gotta go and check out Miss Lemo's blog, if only to read the front page and check out some of her music. She is like my Pleiadian comrade-in-arms (but we don't know exactly where she's from) and one of the few people I don't have to censor myself around. God I love her for that. And she's such a funny and distinctive writer. I don't know ANYBODY else who writes quite like Miss Baby Lemonade. Her friends on Myspace are also worth a peek.

www.myspace.com/missbabylemonadelamarr

If you're in the mood to buy some new records (yes we're talkin' vinyl, and yes, they still make 'em) have a look at this:

www.centralstationmelbourne.blogspot.com

This was the first blog that was born as a result of this blogette of mine, and now nearly a year old, the page has really come alive with regular postings of new releases in stock along with some pretty hilarious commentary courtesy of Jimothy K & Co.

And here is one that deserves a Special Mention:

htttp://twist.blogsource.com/

Cinnamon Twist has got such a cool blog, made even cooler by his reference to my site as "hyper-cute". My first review! Check out his post entitled Pleiadian Poker, then read the rest.

3 comments:

  1. hey Liz,
    thanks VY for the plug :) is Lemmo's link correct - i was gettin a blank page??&*#

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:50 am

    I checked out buddingavatar's blog and I like it, it will be going on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Polly,

    I think you may need to cut and paste the url for Lemmo's blog. It's defintiely right. And it was my pleasure to alert people to your fab spot.

    MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/missbabylemonadelamarr

    ReplyDelete