Sunday, November 06, 2005

Pleiadian Perspectives on House Music Vol 1

Listening: Dr. Fred Bell's Health, Science & Energy Show on Blogin Broadcasting Service. Now you can hear the good doctor doing his very own show weekly. Excellent.

Feeling: Like a bit of a genius actually.



Hola!
When I was trying to come up with the title of my new mixed CD yesterday that was what popped into my mind...I guess it's appropriate! And I happen to think that quite a few of the featured artists are Pleiadians too, especially Prince, who wrote and produced the Jrod Indigo track which I adore, and the wonderful Chi-town house legend Derrick L. Carter (the L stands for "lopsided" according to the hand drawn label on the track "Legacy"). Both tracks, incidentally, mix perfectly together for a good couple of minutes and when I first tried the mix and heard how beautiful it was I could've cried. Instead I cried out, quite excitedly, "Oh yes!" That's usually a pretty good indicator that that mix will make onto the CD.

So does it sound like I'm happy with my efforts? Yes yes yes. It's indescribably satisfying for me to be able to construct new music in this way. I've always wanted to make my own music but I decided after a few failed band experiences that I would concentrate on spinning records, so for me the closest thing to making an album is doing a mix set like this. It feels goood to know that it's finally done as it's something I've been working on for about four weeks on and off and now when I listen to it I can just enjoy it like everyone else. It definitely makes me want to dance so I take that as a good sign.

I don't talk that much about how much I love being a DJ because I've been doing it for 20 years and my passion for it goes in cycles, and it's so dependednt on what's happening in the scene. Right now I'm really enjoying being playful with it again, and experimenting with my new records...seeing what can work. It helps quite a lot that I've recently acquired a kickass sound system and there's also a new vigour in the underground house ranks. Lots of good new producers, and some of the pre-millenium old fogeys are still turning out some gems thank goodness. It comes after a few lacklustre years so consequently I'm having more luck at finding new music again that I really love, and I'm so picky!

I've wanted to post some of my mixes and radio shows here on the blog for a long time but until yesterday I didn't do any real hunting for a place that could host large files for free. If anyone out there can help out that would be great, but in the meantime I've put the file for this mix online thanks to those great souls at Streamload. Just join up and email me with your username and I'll send the mp3 file to your inbox. You can listen to it or download it for free. Not bad eh?

email me at stargate@timeisart.net

So now you know why I haven't had a chance to post an entry over the last week. I've so badly wanted to but after spending the whole day blasting myself with music I've been too exhausted afterwards to write a word. It's been a time-consuming process because I always want everything to go together perfectly and so every spare chance I've had I've been busy programming the following selection to fit onto an 80 minute CD. It runs for 1hr:17min. and I hope a few of you out there will check it out and let me know how you like it.

The househeads out there will certainly "get it" I'm sure as there are a few references to my love of deep Chicago and Detroit house - the set starts with Norma Jean Bell, the undisputed queen of the Detroit underground dance scene. I always like to make mixes that have a story going on and this one's all about being on a really bent dancefloor! And for the starseed lightworkers out there I conclude the set with "See the Light" by KemeticJust, which is a fine example of starseed house music for other starseeds... I think there are some really fun moments and as far as the tracks go, they're all examples of pretty timeless deep and often boopty-ish house and I've made sure that I'll probably still love listening to it for years to come. Hopefully others out there will too.

Anyway, this is just the beginning. More from the vaults will be available very very soon. I hope you enjoy listening to my (he/)art!

Tracklisting

Do You Wanna Party? - Norma Jean Bell (Pandamonium 1999)
East Coast Boogiemen (Original Take) - Pictures of You (Black Cherry 2005)
Switchin' Channels (2nd Shift Remix) - Freaks feat Diz Washington (Music For Freaks 2005)
Feel Me (Joey Youngman Remix) - Alexander East (Amenti 2005)
Whatever (Woz Remix) - Jill Scott (Anon 2005)
You Got 2 - Lawnchair Generals (Aroma 2005)
Indigo Music (Ruffy & Tuffy Dub) - Jrod Indigo (Smash Hit Music 2005)
Legacy (Blucu Ode) - Derrick L. Carter & Freaks (Wash House 2005)
Indigo Music (Sean Dimitrie Remix) - Jrod Indigo (Smash Hit Music 2005)
Squaredancing in a Round House (The Remake) - Derrick Carter (Classic 2003)
Really Don't Stop (Original Mix) - Martin Venetjoki (Dust Traxx 2005)
I'll House You (Watch the Groove bootleg - Jagermeister (RZ 02 Records 2003)
Funky Rhythm (Chuck D's Unreleased Dub) - Chuck Unrelease (Lego 2005)
House of Timbaland Bootleg (White Label 2003)
Like It Was - Wescott Devine (Wescott Devine 2004)
Get To Know - Joshua (Developed Music 2005)
See The Light - KemeticJust (Bombay Records 2001)

9 comments:

  1. I just found out that if you have a free account with Streamload they will only allow you to download 10mb at a time, so you need a paid subscription to listen to my mix after all (the buggers).

    In the meantime I'm working on getting it hosted on a couple of music sites where you'll be able to listen for free. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:50 am

    It's a beautiful Sunday morning in Cape Town. I am waiting for some American friends to come and braai (barbeque) a fish with me. Thanks for the music, have been dancing non stop! I subscribed to the site so now file size will not be a problem.

    Love
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:49 am

    The mix is slammin’ Liz thanks for the lovely music.

    All I have is my laptop and a couple of speakers still left in the Apt.

    Peace,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:50 am

    Kickin mix Liz!

    Reminds me of the olden days of going to house parties to do nothing other than smile at people on the floor and dance hard!!

    dan b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:47 am

    Free upload and download hosting for you. Anxious to hear the CD.

    RapidShare.de)
    MyTempDir.com)
    www.megaupload.com)
    www.webfile.ru)
    www.sendmefile.com)
    www.yousendit.com)
    www.upload2.net)
    www.turboupload.com
    and last but not least
    http://storeandserve.com/ 100mb per file

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can send you a link to the cd if you give your details lovey. That's free, but you must be quick.

    Right now it's hosted at streamload.com...you could do a search for "djlizmillar" and download away if you have an account

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:34 pm

    here's my email forsignup1@yahoo.com

    if streamload only lets you download 10mb for free at a time that's not too good is it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there. I got your details too late to send you the file
    as my monthly acct ran out 4 days ago. I did say you had to be quick. Sorry about that.

    I can try and host it elsewhere that will allow the whole thing to be downloaded and I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:45 pm

    Ok, can't wait to hear it.

    ReplyDelete