Friday, April 07, 2006

A Divine Diva Lightworker

Listening: Earth Files with Linda Moulton Howe on BBS Radio.com

Feeling: chirpy and perky

Just finished doing an interview with vocalist Joi Cardwell in New York, and she was fabulous! I've been a fan of hers since first hearing her records "Jump For Joi" and "Trouble" on Eightball Records in the mid-nineties and even saw her on stage once at The Palladium in New York. She was hot then and she's even hotter now, with her brand new single, What It Feels Like, with Quentin Harris, a future classic; a book release on the music industry under her belt as well as over twenty singles and she even owns her entire back catalogue, rarely heard of in the music industry. Wow.

I got the chance to find out more about her life, career and beliefs and found her to be wonderfully centred and more than happy to discuss the deeper side of Joi. I knew there was a story there, and there was. The interview will be on next week's show.

Prior to that I did another interview with
Fred Burks and yesterday I had Janosh and his tour manager Camille van Gerstel come to Pieter's studio for yet another interview. The last couple of days that's all I've done besides teaching yoga. It means that I've got loads of material to work on though and have ready well in advance of airtime.

I was up at 7:45 this morning, having gone to bed at the respectable time of midnight last night and feel as though I've accomplished quite a lot. I only have one errand to run this afternoon so I can completey focus on getting this week's otherware ready. I wish I had one more day, but that's how it is every week it seems.

I haven't really written much about what it's been like to produce the show each week. Thankfully things are running a lot more smoothly now and I'm not ending up in tears every Sunday morning like I used to when I first started the show because the file hadn't uploaded to the station yet because of one disaster or another.

I've gotten through all kinds of mishaps, have had to go on this really steep learning curve and had to drop virtually all semblance of a social life for the last few months.

It has been truly crazy as I do virtually every part of the production singlehandledy and at the end of each week I've had to lock myself away for 3-4 days to make sure it gets done but I'm finally feeling as though it's getting a little easier.

I had a pretty full life before but now it's really picked up a notch. I'm not complaining though. This is what I've wanted to create and I'm doing it, and not too badly either. I have had so many wonderful experiences and learnt so much, and that is just going to continue.

And sometime soon I'll have this thing nailed and I should be able to get it all done in a day, no tears, no stress. How far I will have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment