Saturday, June 25, 2005

Now That's What I Call Music!

Listening: Peter Farley discussing morphogenetic fields, healing and multi-dimensional living on The Kevin Smith show.

Feeling: Satisfied

Just got home from spinning some records down at Wonderland. Played late (4 - 6 am) and thankfully left them begging for more. I saw lots of old faces there tonight and everyone was in great form. I walked in to see the end of Franky D's guest spot, and found the club pretty packed and the dancefloor in full swing. Baby Lemonade was up on stage singing in front of where Franky was set up behind the decks and there was a percussionist up there too. It was a good vibe to walk in on.

I started with my favourite new track, a house re-working of an old funk track from English producer Jacob London entitled "Work That Body". It is so hott I cannot get enough of it right now. Lots of his trademark sounds, fab bass-heavy beats and really smart use of the samples. It's the third 12" in a series of his which is out now.

Anyway, I was only meant to be writing a quick entry so I'm going to get on with the reason why I'm writing this.

Ok, if you love clubbing because you love the music, then you've probably cried on the dancefloor at least once. It's the pinnacle of any music lover's clubbing experience. If a DJ can put two records together in such a way that it moves you to tears and you wanna go and hug somebody, then I think you can say the DJ's done a pretty good job. Of course, this happens at concerts and operas and many other musically-oriented events, but for me, when a DJ can do it, I think that's heaven.

It's been awhile since I've made someone cry on the dancefloor through my music, but tonight I did it. At the start of my set I usually have a few people come up and say hello, and tonight one of them was a guy I hadn't seen for years. It had been so long I'd forgotten his name but he reminded me, it was Jason, a old disco acquaintance.

After some catching up he went off to the dancefloor and I saw him a few times after that, going to the bar, back for a dance then back to see me for a minute to comment on how much he was enjoying the music. It was a really nice change - there were more real house heads in there tonight than usual, and it's so much better as they get everyone else fired up and then everyone gets deeper into the music.

Halfway though the night I dropped "Take that to the Bank" by Shalamar, and Jason came running upto me and said, "There's only one other DJ that's made me cry," then I realized he had tears running down his face. The only thing left to do was give the guy a hug. He went off to the dancefloor after that for some more and at the end of the night when we was saying good bye I asked him who "the other one" was. New York's David Morales a few years back apparently. Hey I can live with that.

1 comment:

  1. I have Discovered that if you lay perfectly level on a firm mattress,with no pillow. Then relax and let gravity push you flat. Do this for 3 hours day/night. you can only do an hour then massage,because its painful.Take painkillers if you have to, in the begining. But try and do 3 hours day/night or more. If you do that for seven weeks the crucifixion comes out in you. Electric shocks in your hands, wrist and feet.
    Prevention of doing evil will occur. The Truth is revealed. Amazing aspect's occur. Back and neck pain go away. Lose weight. Feel young again.You become taller. Spiritual vision is restored etc etc etc.
    I did 7 hour days/nights for 3 weeks. My Friends done the 3 hours for 7 weeks. And the same aspects happened. They just took longer.
    Gravity crushes us, as soon as we are born. We end up all bent,like a banana when we are old. Lying level, for prolonged amounts of time, reverses this effect.
    Also if you have kids. when you lay your baby on the side, you crush the ears.The head is the heaviest part of the body at that stage. So you need to put a hole in the pillow or something, so the ears do not get crushed. You will have a much happier baby.
    All comes from the ALMIGHTY FATHER,OUR LORD JESUS Christ and THE HOLY SPIRIT. i am just a worker.
    Please look at the physic's in all of this. To have a strong foundation,your structure has to be rectified.
    If this could get out to the world. It will solve so many problem's we face on this planet.
    A program needs to be set up.
    The problems are inside us. And here is the solution.
    PS: Once you complete the seven week's,look to the light, any light. Because evil will come after you. Safe journey.
    kind regards
    John Davis.
    Don't say you weren't given this information!

    ReplyDelete