Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Tooth Fairy Would Not Be Happy

Listening: Joshua and Desy Shapiro discussing crystal skulls while Hilly Rose fills in for George Noory on Coast to Coast AM.

Mood: Ok, it's time we talked about the tooth.


Everything was going fantastically. After discovering that a huge abscess had formed in my upper gum after getting a filling recently, I started treating it with The Healing Codes, toning with sound, crystals and a host of natural supplements in addition to the anti-biotics that were prescribed. Over the course of five days my gum healed up beautifully, then the next time I spoke to the dentists, I told them that it was all better but they convinced me that they'd conferred with a senior dentist and they concluded that because the abscess was so large it must have been forming for months, possibly years, in which case, the nerve must've died ages ago and that's why the abcess must've formed. I couldn't help but wonder whether it was just them trying to get out of taking the blame but didn't let it get to me.

So I figured, ok, if that's the case I'll get them to go ahead and do the root canal as I don't want the infection to spread if it's as bad as they say, and I'm getting it done for free. I could go to a holistic dentist but a root canal isn't cheap, so that wasn't really an option. The reason why I was so against getting the root canal was because I'd learned that having that kind of work done often introduced more bacteria into the gums and could be dangerous long-term, so I reasoned with myself and figured that if I continued to do my Healing Codes and stayed healthy, I'd be fine.

Well I went back last week and they unplugged the hole and wouldn't you know the thing was still draining (I have to admit once everything healed so fast the first week I got a bit lazy and wasn't as disciplined with my treatments for the week prior to going back there so the infection returned) - which means they still haven't filled it, they just plugged the hole with some stuff and put in a temporary filling. The next morning when I woke up I checked my mouth I found some swelling in the upper palate... and another hole in my gum! I pressed on the swelling in my palate with the pad of my thumb and the blessed thing exploded again, straight out and with alarming force onto the mirror in front of me. I was horrified, you have no idea.

So that's twice now that I've come back from the dentist in worse shape than I went in. I rang them straight away to see why this had happened only to be informed that it was "normal". Brilliant.

Since then I have done things a little differently. No anti-biotics. Just the Healing Codes and the other natural remedies, and since then the infection seems to have disappeared totally and I'm seeingly back on the path to wholeness again. I'm due to go back in the dentist's chair in a couple of weeks to have it finally seen to and I really hope that this time will be the last instalment of what I now fondly call "the tooth saga".

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 pm

    good luck with the self healing liz. if anyone can do it, it's you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Polly,

    Thanks for the vote of confidence.
    Everything has been fine ever since I wrote this post (and haven't had to go back to the dentist!) so I can't see any problems occurring with it in future. Although I HAVE been wondering what on earth to say on the questionairre they sent me last week asking me to tell them what I think about their service....

    ReplyDelete