Friday, July 22, 2005

Depth Headz

It's hard to believe that the last Depth party was on two weekends ago, but it was a great night. Thought I'd share a few shots from the Melbourne deep house contingent.
First we have Aj(left) and John(right), the two driving forces behind these bi-monthly affairs for the underground party heads. You can probably tell why they host such good parties.

000_0188
Adrian and John from Depth
Now this next one is a good shot. Mz Pete Kung on the far left, who's been running the fab weekly get-together called Q & A at the Builder's Arm's for years and is now doing a new Saturday night called Spin Cycle over at the Yarraville Hotel, Greg "Monsieur Dicko" Dickinson next to him, one of Melbourne's most under-rated and brilliant house DJs, then me of course in the middle and Aj on the right (apparantly he's been practicing the smile).
000_0194
Mz Kung, Dicko, Liz and Aj (hey, nice poster...)
And finally here's Jonathan, who I first met when he came to headhunt me one night at Bimbo Deluxe, where I played for a couple of years, to come and DJ for him at the Peel Hotel, where I ended up working for a year (that's actually not a bad run if you're a DJ). We've both left there now but we've remained friends ever since and occassionally I'll bump into him in some dark corner of a club when I'm out or playing a gig somewhere. As you can see, I was pleased to see him.
000_0195
Jonathan gets a smack on the cheek from Liz
Thanks for another Deep and Dirty Depth Party. See you at the next one. Adelaide's Dirty House Crew DJ HMC is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment