Monday, March 21, 2005

Dizzy's Groove

000_0073 Dizzy with Orb b

Dizzy - Love Frequency Generator

Meet Dizzy. He's super-cool. Our street's very own Pimp Daddy Mack. His big fur coat, charming ways and self-assured laid back attitude have won him many fans in our 'hood. He's also got a penchant for making nests out of leaves to lounge in during the day, while he hangs out in the front garden waiting for the next pretty lady to walk past and stop and pat him. And he's actually got regulars!

You can see him here, hanging out on my bed last winter, when his chocolate-coloured fur was looking particularly resplendent. But that's not why I posted this photo. Check out the right hand side of the image. Yep, it's another orb, but this one's moving!

You can see how wide it is by looking at the top right corner of the shot. I think it took me a couple of weeks before I even realised there was something weird there, but luckily I'd taken another picture about 30 seconds later from the same angle. And there it is again, only this time it has definitely moved. You can see how much by checking out the monitor screen behind it. I wish more of it was in the photo, but I know it wasn't the flash - look at the regular curves along the side, the flare from it at the top right corner and the way it thins out at the bottom edge - in both shots.

It's pretty hard to stay angry about anything when Dizzy's around, and maybe that was why this orb was attracted to him. He's a mean love frequency generator, and when these photos were taken Dizzy and I had been having a lot of fun making his mane look huge and imposing, and he was loving the attention. He has this low gutterral purr, which Toby thinks sounds just like Barry White, and I agree. It's pretty funny. And when he walks into a room, he'll take a good long look at you, and within seconds the the purring will kick in. I'm sure he's really saying, "Hey baby, are you ready for some lovin'?"

Toby & Dizzy 2

Toby says this photo really messes with his tough guy image, but I come home to this sort of behaviour all the time...there might not be any orbs in this one, but there's something very Barry White-ish going on nonetheless...good thing we're both fans.


1 comment:

  1. May I introduce Jay - I found his blog "The last nail" last week, and I'm totally hooked. So much so that I've linked to his blog on my sidebar and seriously, you should get a speeding ticket trying to get there. He's doing up his house and recording every part of the process, down to the last nail.

    One of my favourite posts is the one with the Wonderwoman jetliner outline on a photo of his house to show us all how his renovations are going to look when he's done. But that's not the best bit, he's also added the outline of a giant, wearing a necktie, for perspective. Bless.

    ReplyDelete