Thursday, March 24, 2005

Book Freak vs Home Owner, You Decide

Hovering, gliding, circling, diving...my reading habits have been like this lately.

I found out recently that the mythologist and Star Wars storyline collaborator, Joseph Campbell was an obssessive reader. He'd go out to dinner parties or other important functions and often, when he thought no-one would notice, he'd escape to a quiet corner somewhere and read. Luckily for him, his wife was smart enough to know before she married that even she would have to play second fiddle to his other love, books.

It made me feel a little better this morning when I finally decided to gather up the pile that has accumulated on my bedside over the last few weeks. Luckily for me, Toby loves reading as much as I do, but even he had escaped to his own room for the second night running because I was up late reading.


I knew the pile was getting big when I spotted an ant because it was on the only a square inch left on the cream coloured surface. Let's just say I like to have a "few" books going at once.

What I'm reading right now:

Alchemy of the Nine Dimensions - Barbara and Gerry Clow
Hampton Roads
I'm LOVING this. Yes yes yes. The P's rock again.

The Lost Hall of Records - John van Auken, Laura Little Ed.D
Eagle Wing Books
Comes with a free DVD of their adventures at Piedras Negras in Guatelmala on the hunt for the Mayan lost hall of records. Fabulous.

The Artist's Way - Julia Cameron w/ Mark Bryan
Putnam Books
I decided to pick this one up again after 3 years of ownership. It's time. Morning pages here I come.

The Hero With A Thousand Faces - Joseph Campbell
Fontana Press
I bought this a couple of weeks ago when I decided to write a movie. If it worked for Star Wars, it'll work for me.

New Dawn Magazine - current issue
New Gnosis Publications
Brilliant article by Jose as usual, and an awesome piece on the alchemist Fulcanelli.

And this is the rest of the pile; the new, used and abused:

Mysteries of Atlantis Revisited - Edgar Evans Cayce
St Martins Paperbacks
The title is better than the book, but I love Cayce's work and it's written by one of his sons. It's good in places and the Atlantean timeline stuff is handy.

Time and the Technosphere - Jose Arguelles
The Mayan Factor - Jose Arguelles
Bear and Co
Two books that have changed my life. I have them nearby always.

Astronomy Australia 2005
Quasar Publishing
Always the backyard astronomer.

The Field - Lynne Mc Taggart
Harper Collins
This book is so unbelievably good I've bought two copies so I can loan one out at all times. "A wonderful exploration into third millenium science ...that liberates consciousness and restores it to its majestic and rightful position as a causal power in the universe." Right, who's next?

Emissary of Love - James Twyman
Walsch Books
This one was in the pile because I found Arkiane (see Indigo kids post) and I really wanted to read some quotes from the children again.
Here's one:
"It only seems as though there are a lot of us here. There really aren't. There's really only one of us, like all the psychic children that know about one another. We know about one another beause we're joined together, and someday all of the adults of this world will realize the same thing."


Everyday Immortality - Deepak Chopra
Rider Books
You're meant to do a page a day. It's deep. I did it in 15 minutes...
...'m I bad?

Rule By Secrecy - Jim Marrs
Perennial Books
Toby devoured this. I'm preppin' to do the same.

Family Of Light - Barbara Marciniak
Bear & Co.
This book has not left my side since I got it.

Introducing Quantum Theory - J.P. McEvoy & Oscar Zarate
Icon Books
I know you wouldn't think it but this is actually quite funny. It's got loads of complicated drawings describing the properties of waves and particles and headings like "Consciousness and the collapsing wave function" are to be found throughout. I especially like the mad drawings of all the early quantum theorists trying to look cool, and early on we see Galileo demonstating how he has discovered a flaw in Aristotle's physics while Aristotle himself appears in a circular cutaway saying, "Oh stop showing off!"

The Magic Of The Crystals - Fransisco Bostrom
Merrill West Publishing
One man's story of connecting with a South American shamanic crystal healer. There's some new stuff on crystals in here that will come in very useful.

Pleiadian Perspectives On Human Evolution - Amorah Quan Yin
Bear & Co.
I want to read this again. The first time was so important for me - it was shortly after the eclipse in 2002. I wept.
I've been too gutless to follow the instructions on removing the memory virus we've all got until recently though, so I pulled it off the shelf along with the Epsom Salts, and I'm making a date with myself for next week.

Journey Into the New Millenium Transmissions From Sirius - Wendy Munroe
Triad
I was given this years ago by one of my best friends Jan. I've had this urge to read it again, but it hasn't happened yet. I found out in this book that my birthday (July 23), co-incides with the opening of the Sirian stargate that is only open for a fifty-five day period each year. On my birthday, Sirius rises a minute before the Sun. This is also coincides with the yearly flooding of the Nile, which may explain why all the temples along the Nile are built facing the light of Sirius.

Rock Medicine - Sela Weidemann Randazzo
Blue Dolphin Publishing
I became obssessed with crystals late last year, a few weeks after I had a healing called "The Re-connection". I'm sure a few of you have heard of Eric Pearl. Anyway, it was crazy. Then Ii heard Sela on the radio and I could tell she was for real, so I shelled out $50 bucks for her book and I haven't looked back. I use crystal essences, use them hand-held, or as a focus direct on a daily basis and they work.

Along with my sizeable record collection, I look at my books and realise this is why I don't own my own house. Or a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment