Saturday, February 25, 2006

Great Ocean Road, Here I Come!


Photo by alex mcknight.

Listening: Radio Nexus Episode 15

Feeling: Ready for a road trip

My girlfriend Monica and I are going all Thelma and Louise on our asses (except for the rape, murder and suicide) and getting on the road for a weekend away and I am beside myself with glee. I haven't had a holiday in a couple of years, which also means I haven't left the City in all that time except once for a gig! After spending so much of my life travelling, I'm a bit ashamed I haven't made it out sooner than this.

I've hired an unreal car (for Monica to drive, as I still haven't bothered to get my full licence) and we're hitting the road as soon as she finishes work tonight. At some point we'll be driving past one of my favourite and most scenic parts of Victoria, the coast along the Great Ocean Road. Snaking alongside it for hundreds of kilometres, it is one of the best drives you can do ever.

Our friend Simon is celebrating his 40th this weekend which is why we're going. He's hired a house at beautiful Wye River, just past Lorne, and we're hooking up with a whole gang of our friends (so it'll be a bit of a DJ convention ) who are all arriving at different times over the weekend.

I'm packing (in order of importance):
a)my telescope,
b)the powerdome and the raydome pyramids,
c) a selection of crystals and my Healing Codes manual,
d) beach wear and a big towel,
e) books,maps
f) a present or two for Simon
g) clothes, food and miscellaneous bits

That'll give you some idea of what my priorities on this trip are... that and the photo to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment