Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Props From the Sky Spirits

Listening: Dr Bell discusses nuclear receptors Health Science and Energy Show on BBS Radio

Mood: Cheeky

The other night after the hoo-ha of the Otherware radio show debut had died down, Toby went out to return a Lost DVD and asked me if I had any requests, to which I answered with my standard slightly sheepish response, "Can you bring back some Star Trek please?" to which he replied, "Anything in particular?". "Whatever looks good to you."

I was absolutely spent. I had worked so hard for the last week and felt exhausted but needed to unwind in front of the box for an hour and not think too much and I was really looking forward to a bit of Trek as it always help soothe my aching brain. When Toby got back he commented on how it's hard now to find episodes we haven't watched before as we have been hiring out Star Trek episodes from all the different series for a few years now and I guess we're beginning to get to the end of the line.

Well, I had a look at the DVD cover and read all the descriptions for the episodes and said, "Tattoo, or Resistance look good," and seeing that Tattoo was first he said, "Why don't we start at the beginning?"

Five minutes in and I realise the episode is a thinly veiled story of the ancient Maya and their conncection to the Pleiades, as Chakotay has flashbacks to his teens when he goes to the Central American rainforest with his father to find his tribal ancestors. He is surprised to discover symbols on an alien moon that are strikingly similar to ones he observed then, and when he finally meets the inhabitants of this strange world, he learns that they speak the language of his ancestors. They recognize the symbol tattooed on Chakotay's forehead, which he wears to honor his father, who in turn wore it to honor his ancestors. The inhabitants say they knew those ancestors — "the Inheritors" — when they visited Earth some 45,000 years earlier. Chakotay realizes that these are the "Sky Spirits" which his people's lore is based upon.


chakotay

Chakotay discovers his connection to the stars

Well, the Sky Spirits were laughing I'm sure as I watched and the penny slowly dropped. Sunday was the 11th, a very cosmic number for me for many reasons. When I studied the Mayan calendar heavily a couple of years back, it was partly because I had also remembered a lifetime I had had as a Mayan. Through that exploration I studied the Dreamspell, Jose Arguelles' interpretation of the Mayan time-keeping system and found, much to my delight, that my galactic signature was Spectral Monkey or Tone 11 (Spectral - power: to dissolve, action: releasing, essence: liberation) and Glyph 11 (Monkey - power: magic, action: plays, essence: illusion), so I am the embodiment of the 11:11 energies! It's also the same galactic signature as Jose himself.

So, it felt apt that I should've had the show postponed until then. The week before would've been the 4th, which was the date of my deceased father's birthday (he died in 1989) and also the 3rd anniversary of the total solar eclipse and the first time I saw the Pleiades through a telescope, which was when I had the first remembrance of my Pleiadian self. All week I had been thinking of the significance of those events and how it was such amazing synchronicity for me to be launching this show at this time, and as I mentioned previously, all through the recording sessions I'd felt the P's very strongly around me.

So there I was, hanging out on the couch at the end of My Big Day, watching this episode of Star Trek Voyager I had miraculously never seen before that was all about the Maya, the Pleiades, and as I learned later, an episode that had first gone to air ten years earlier in 1995...on June 11th! Good Lord, I could almost hear the interdimensional titters...but knew in my heart that it was their way of letting me know that they were indeed around, that they were proud of me and that I was on the right track. Halfway though I turned to Toby, thanked him and said with a smile, "I like this episode very much." He said thanks but it wasn't him that picked it. 'I was just the conduit". He's good like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment