Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Big Day


Newest Otherware team member,
roving reporter Eric MacIntosh

Listening: Dr Paul LaViolette discussing SCIENCE and THE ANCIENTS on Radio Orbit

Mood: So excited I can't sleep

It's been quite a couple of weeks. With the Christmas party season upon us, and a steady stream of social engagements to be available (and looking gorgeous) for, the intensity levels have been steadily escalating as we get closer to the end of the year, and with the just-ended Mercury retrograde transit thrown in to the mix, I know that being alive on Planet Earth has certainly been taking its toll on a few of us lately, myself included. It's taken all my strength to stay centered at times, so I've been meditating on the word "grace". There's a saying that goes something like, "It's not the situations that life throws at you, it's the grace with which you handle them that matters", which helps to keep one on their toes. I've still slipped a couple of times as the pressure has gotten to me, but I'm coping.

Last week when Don from BBS Radio called to let me know he was taking a break for a few days and could I postpone the show til this week, I was actually very relieved because as much as I was ready to begin last weekend, I wasn't about to knock back a bit of extra breathing space.

After being in semi-hibernation mode for what seems like the last two years it's a little bit of a shock to the system I tell you, but considering how busy my life has recently become, I'm really doing brilliantly. I've just noticed that I need to go to bed earlier...but I stay awake anyway and deal with being tired. I keep promising myself, "It's ok, I'll just go to bed early tomorrow night....". So far I haven't gotten there...maybe tomorrow(smiling).

As I write this it is 2:26 am and "tomorrow" actually means today. For me it's a very special day too. I've invited a small but very fabulous group of souls who've been my strongest and most vocal supporters to join me this afternoon to help me celebrate the inaugural edition of Otherware, as we crack open some bubbly, throw some snags and prawns on the barbie and tune in to the 'net to listen to the show as it's broadcast live.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with any of the usual jitters associated with doing a live broadcast as the BBS Radio studios are in the US and I'm in Melbourne so I pre-recorded the show and now all the hard work is done. I can tune in with everyone else and be able to relax which is fantastic. I do hope that if you tune in, you enjoy the show and please know that I am open to any feedback you'd like to give.

Pieter and I put the last of the finishing touches on the show on Friday and when it was finally done we were so thrilled with it I can't even begin to express what a relief it was. It's been four years since Kiss Fm was on air so I haven't actually been behind the mic for awhile and this is the first time Pieter and I have collaborated. It didn't seem to matter though. We both felt guided and supported from the higher dimensions the whole time and at one stage I turned to Pieter and said, "Wow, the studio is really crowded right now". In actuality it felt packed!!

The show ends with a brief visualization and while I was recording that I think you may be able to feel their presence through my voice. There's a quality to the way it sounds that's, uh....otherworldly. It was roughly scripted but basically I did it "off the top of my head". Funny expression huh?

Anyway, it's going to be a regular feature of the show and if you don't care to listen to the interviews then I hope that some of you will at least tune in for the the visualization/relaxation sessions at the end of each show as they are a free service I am providing to help the audience unwind from the week and hopefully help with any clearing that you may be doing on your own and accelerate the process in a gentle but deep way. The best part is that you can do it alone, in the privacy of your own home (or headphones will do if you're sitting on a bus listening to the podcast) so it's completely non-confronting and it's free!

Can't wait to tell you all about the newest Otherware team member, Eric MacIntosh! He'll be on the show next week and hopefully every other week with some special guests and reports from the front lines of the New Energy movement. I met Eric through this blog when he got in touch with me at the start of the year. He wrote to ask me whether I had done the spoken vocal on this trance track from '98 called "Game Master" by Time Code, which quotes some lines from "Earth" by Barbara Marciniak!

I wrote back saying no, not me, but we kept in touch and then about a month ago he told me he was going to San Fransisco and could he have the link to the Starseed Lightworker map I'd set up at frappr? He knew some of the SF Family of Light whom he could give it to while he was there.

Then a few days later he sent me this amazing article about Fred Burks and told me he was going to be hooking up with him while he was there, and after reading it I wrote to him and asked him if he'd like to be a roving reporter for my show on the spot - just like that. It wasn't exactly a snap decision, but at the same time I couldn't believe I was doing it as I hardly knew the guy...at least in this life anyway.

Well, he wrote back and accepted, saying:

So you need a roving reporter? Someone who can dig that rabbit hole even deeper? Someone who can look at the big picture and relate to our planetary events from a universal and/or multi-dimensional perspective? Perhaps, that someone is me :)

A few days later we spoke on the phone for the first time... for nearly four hours straight! Both of us were starving by the end of the call - he had gotten home at around 6pm and I had just gotten up so both of us hadn't eaten...I think our grumbling stomachs got the better of us in the end or we might've kept talking. Goodness knows we had SO much to say!! It became very obvious to us during the conversation that we were meant to do this work together. He's pretty amazing, but you'll soon hear that on the show. I love the internet!

Last Tuesday night the gay and lesbian Rainbow Awards were on, so a whole bunch of us from Wonderland, the club I play at on Fridays, went along as we were nominated for "Best New Club Night" and "Best Promoter" and we all had the best time. I have been aching to post some of the photos since then but it's been impossible, so for now, I'm posting this one. It was taken after all the awards had been given and the ladies toilets were enjoying they're heaviest stream of "ladies" all evening.

adam  & liz

Liz and Adam at the Rainbow Awards

Anyhow, this is my friend Adam, aka Merkin, who is one of the gorgeous friends of mine who will be coming over for the celebrations tomorrow afternoon. He was at the Rainbows to pick up an award too, for Q& A (Queer and Alternative), one of Melbourne's longest running nights. Unfortunately neither of us picked up an award that night but at least we got a great photo of us looking all glamourous.

I remember the first time I was talking about "otherware" with him and his boyfriend Jonathan. It was at a recovery at one of our friend's houses and we were all sitting around on his loungeroom floor after having a rather huge night. I was (typically) talking twenty to the dozen about parallel universes and other dimensions, the nature of time and all manner of other subjects. Talk about doing their heads in! Poor guys were like...."Wha??!". I wasn't sure if they would ever speak to me again as I can sometimes spin people out so much that they run and hide because it all gets to be too much information. But if they can, and still love me afterwards, then I know they're the real thing and I treasure them. And since then both he and Jon have been turning ME onto things like spiral dynamics and other cool stuff I had no idea about. God love 'em.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:17 am

    A profound WOW!!! The show is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day! I'm still recovering and haven't had that chance to catch up on sleep yet. The gathering around at my place was so fab. Gina, Monica, Pieter, Jon, Adam and Toby were here to help me usher in the new show and we were all so excited to hear it coming through the internet.

    They were so wonderful as well, giving me a huge round of applause after hearing the interview with Dr Fred Alan Wolf. When it got to the part of the interview where he talks about his first orgasm everyone broke out with laughter and slapped me on the back for getting him to revela something so personal. Then Toby cracked some jokes about me inadvertently starting a war between Dr Wolf and Dr Emoto when Dr Wolf poo-pooed the idea of the "C" in e=mc2 standing for consciousness (an idea suggested by Emoto in "The Messages in Water".

    We all laid down and got comfortable for the relaxation and at the end everyone said the show was even better than they expected, so that makes me happy.

    Thanks to all who were able to tune in. I lOVE you!!

    ReplyDelete