Friday, February 04, 2005

Greetings, Pleiadian! (Part 1)


Liz and Gerard Eclipse 2002
Originally uploaded by lizmuzik.
That's the message I receive every time I log onto e-bay, which is nice. 

I've been wanting to write a post about my Pleiadian roots all week, but how does one begin such an undertaking?

I mean, it's fine to blither on about my interests to a point, but do we really need to bring extra-dimensional beings and ET contact into it??

Well, yes we do actually. Bugger.

In Dec 2002, on the spur of the moment, I decided to head to South Australia to watch the total solar eclipse in the Australian Outback. I had no idea how I would make it all happen, with less than 18 hours to spare and about a thousand miles between me and my target, and er, no car. I had been dreaming of going for weeks but it wasn't until the night before that it really hit me. I HAD TO BE THERE. I started thinking, "Yes! Yes!! I can do this. I just have to get myself to Adelaide, and then somehow, it will all fall into place."

As you can see by the picture, I made it. 

Plane, train and bus tickets to the South Australian capital had been sold out for weeks, but my whole trip was thankfully graced by the most amazing series of synchronicities, and so, after a couple of hours of hardcore searching, I managed to secure the last ticket on the last bus that would get me there. 

I know now that I was being guided the whole time. I had just begun reading the "Conversations with God" series, and on the overnight bus journey to Adelaide, I read the final chapters of Book 3, and vowed to live the teachings for the duration of my adventure, at least. It's in the living of wisdom that the truth really emerges. And it's a beautiful thing, when you make the leap from understanding to actually knowing

Back to the story though. I was going alone, without any clue as to how I would actually get to a location to view the eclipse, which was going to be at least another 2-4 hours away by car, in any of the directions I could've gone. Once I arrived in Adelaide at around 7 am, that left me the barest slice of time to get my bearings, find a ride, and be comfortaby set up at a spot without any clouds by the time it hit. 

I didn't even know why this sudden mission to "see the eclipse" became more important to me than anything else in my life, including my regular Djing spots which were my only source of income. But, I had no problem brushing off whatever work was going for the next 3 days. The only thing I knew was that nothing was going to stop me, and if I had to stand on the highway with a bit of cardboard that said "ECLIPSE', I was going to do it. As a precaution, I packed a big black marker pen, just in case.

I first read about "eclipse watchers" in an article in The Face magazine, sometime in the mid-nineties. I had no idea there was a whole sub-culture that revolved around chasing solar eclipses, and that thousands of these "crazy" people would plan their trips years in advance and fly the globe in search of their next hit of eclipse ecstasy.

Although I didn't really think much of it at the time, I realized that when it was my turn to join the ranks, their voices still echoed in my memories. Tales of the dazzling sight of the eclipse in "totality" reverberated throughout my body, sending waves of excitement and anticipation into every cell, activating, I think, some ancient remembrance of my connection to the Sun. I tingled all over. I breathed more deeply. Forces much larger than me were at play, and I surrendered completely to them. 

I packed with the barest amount of "stuff" to weigh me down, just one small maroon old-school Qantas bag from the 70's, with the ivory coloured plastic handles, and a pillow. I knew that packing light would be a good move, especially because I wanted to take up as little room as possible in the event that the lift I'd been visualizing actually eventuated. I figured that I needed to get to the spot where NASA and the bulk of the world's media would be, Ceduna, on the South Australian coast. The eclipse watchers would be there too, of course, and I wanted to say hello.

So many things were going around my head that night on the bus. I had plans forming on top of other plans. I reasoned that my best bet would be to go to the temporary eclipse-glasses stand at a nearby shopping mall, which would be open for a couple of hours in the morning, and hopefully hook up with someone there. Or I could try getting a seat on a bus headed for Ceduna. If by some miracle, I could get a ticket.There was always the road sign of course, as I remembered the marker I had diligently packed, but then it dawned on me....hey, why go to all that trouble? Maybe there's someone HERE, on THIS BUS, that is going too...hmmm, why not strike up some conversation at the diner stops along the way? Having decided on my best plan of action, I dived headlong into the final chapters of CWG3.
Many hours and at least three tomato and cheese sandwiches later, I still hadn't found a lift, but it didn't matter. I'd taken a few quantum leaps in consciousness, shed a few sweet tears, found out that God was down with aliens and other lifeforms (amongst other things), and my heart told me that that everything was going to be ok.

So, at around 7:10 am, our bus arrived safely, and I was halfway there. I scoped the place for the ticket counter, which hadn't opened yet, and the cafe, which was busily preparing steaming cups of cheap coffee and what looked like a half-decent breakfast for the early morning travellers. Then I scoped the crowd. Maybe all those years of having to find fellow clubbers in dim lighting, and still spot a great outfit, had served me well. "Telescope", I kept thinking, "Find a telescope, a tripod, camera gear, geek with map, anything!!!" 

It was then that I spotted it. A wooden case, roughly 4 ft by 2 ft, surrounded by tripods, bags, cameras, and two guys next door who bore more than slight resemblances to Tom Selleck and, sorry Gerard, Mr Bean.
Holy MOTHERLODE Batman, my prayers had been answered!

TO BE CONTINUED....here


In the meantime, here's an excerpt from Gerard's hilarious account of our adventures over the next three days. He sent it to me via email a few days after we returned home. I always promised him I'd write my own, and here it is, finally. It's some dialogue that the two of them recited sections of to me several times the over the next 3 days, much to our collective amusement. Enjoy.

Scene: A forest outside South Park. It is night.
Cartman: You guys, I have to get home.
Kyle: Don’t be such a fraidy cat Cartman, this rope will make sure they can’t take you on board again.
Cartman: Oh man, this sucks!
Stan: How come the visitors aren’t coming for him?
Kyle: I think we have to signal them somehow.
Cartman: (sound of farting fire) Ohhhhhh!
Stan’s girlfriend: Hey, he’s like Rudolph!
Kyle: Yeah, all you have to do is fart some more Cartman and the visitors are sure to come!
Cartman: Really? Ah, I don’t think I have to fart any more tonight.
Stan: Sure you do!
Kyle: Come on Cartman, fart!
Cartman: I don’t wanna!
Stan: He can’t hold it in forever.
Kyle: Fart damn you!
Cartman: (angry) Okay, that does it! Now listen! Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in, or coming out of my arse! I’m sick of it!(sound of eighty-foot satellite dish unfolding from Cartman’s arse). It’s completely immature!
Kyle: It’s happening again!
Stan: Wow, look at that! Now do you believe us Cartman?
Cartman: You guys can’t scare me, I know you’re making it all up.
Kyle: Cartman, there’s an eighty-foot satellite dish sticking out of your arse!
Cartman: Sure you guys. Whatever…

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz - Glad I checked out your blog. I loved part one of the story. Very evocative. Looking forward to part two, especially to see how your Pleiadian roots tie in with the whole eclipse thing. (Made me think of the recent telemovie - 'The Alice", I think it was called). Adventures are always fun though, aren't they. Sounds like you met some nice people too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sebastian,

    Thanks so much for your post. Part 2 is on its way. Haven't begun writing it yet...currently operating in "entertaining O.S. visitors and hosting fabulous dinner parties" mode...but I'm really looking forward to reading it myself! The whole experience was incredible, made all the more so by how fortunate I was to have hooked up with the special people that I did. And the Pleiadian connection to the eclipse was perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you're teasing with the anticipation of details about the Pleiadian connection to the eclipse. (I love any stories with a Pleiadian connection). It makes the prospect of the second part of the whole story even more exciting. Just as long as your OS visitors know that they are obstacles to the completion of a work of literature of intergalactic proportions !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a couple of people now prod my lazy punk ass into completeing the rest of this story. Sebastian, all the visitors have gone, and the work progresses. A conclusion should be forthcoming any day now.

    ReplyDelete