Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Freedom Festival

net-freedom_11



Last week someone told me that they'd seen my name
on a tram somewhere, much to my suprise. Then I found out that it was on an ad for the Freedom Festival, which is on this Friday at Platform One, and so it seems that the only group of people that I work for that can afford such lavish ads are Amnesty International, which is kind of ironic. This event is to raise consciousness and funds for the plight of women who are the subject of violence.

I'm one of the "local guests" and I'm looking forward to this one very much, especially as Ursula Rucker is headlining. I'll have the honour of spinning records in between the acts on the main stage from around 9pm until Ursula makes her appearance at midnight. It would be great to see you there.

Please visit the Freedom Festival '05 site at http://www.amnesty.org.au/freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment