Friday, June 23, 2006

Lucky Coq Every Saturday


Lucky Coq
Originally uploaded by lizmuzik.
Listening: A Chef's Table on NPR - the psychology of eating

Mood: Cheery

When Wonderland turned One and closed it's doors on a weekly basis a few months ago, I found myself without a regular DJ gig for the first time in seven years, and although the break has been good, I was missing it.

Lucky for me my good friends at the Lucky Coq in Prahran, which just opened a couple of months ago, gave me a lovely spot on Saturday nights when it is almost bursting with street-smart, hip young things who don't mind a bit of deep house and galactic disco. Cool.

Chapel Street was crying out for something just like this - cheap gournet pizza's, kickass sound system, bent decor with a sense of humour (the stuffed roosters lining up above the bar for example),
yummy drinks, an upstairs courtyard ... it all works. There are queues around the corner, and it's a proven formula that the owners first tried out at its sister bar Bimbo Deluxe in Fitzroy, where I spun for two years.

If you are in Melbourne, make sure you come and visit (and spend my drink card for me as I never use it).

LUCKY COQ
Cnr Chapel and High St,
Prahran

Set Time: 9 PM - 11PM, Saturdays

3 comments:

  1. Luv Lucky Coq too. It's Ling Ling here but u remember me as Eugene, the chinese boy who likes 2 B seen out as a hip happenin' girrl! I will make sure 2 catch your set soon & drag Roberto along too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello gorgeous Ling Ling!

    How could I ever forget you Sweetie! I would love to see both you and Roberto out on the town at le Coq one evening!
    Make it soon, it's been ages.

    Love, Liz xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. R u playing or at all associated with the Saturday nite called "Eve" that Jono F. is handlin'? Do u spin there... if so, when?? Confession: I'm not sure exactly WHERE it is!

    ReplyDelete